Sunday, July 20, 2014

Tahini cookies surprise

I'm not crazy about tahini, I'll never choose to eat it and I never had an interest in baking tahini cookies. My very talented friend Sharon, who is a professional baker posted a recipe for tahini cookies in her blog and wrote a moving story about a tahini manufacture in Israel. I thought that the cookies looked interesting and easy enough to bake, so I gave it a try. The cookies are so amazing that I had to share them with you, they taste like a very good quality halva and melt in your mouth. Sharon suggested to use pistachios on top of the cookie, it made them even better. I made a few with chocolate on top and dipped some in melted chocolate (I have a chocoholic at home). For all my friends that read Hebrew here is the recipe. I'll ask Sharon if OK to translate the recipe to English.

1 comment:

  1. These cookies look amazing. Did you ever get your friend to translate the recipe? I'd love to try making them. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete