Sunday, August 4, 2013

Sneak peek

I finished my first session of Textile/Surface Design at Otis. I took two classes over the weekend for three months, each class was three hours with an hour (lunch) break in between. I have to say that it wasn't love at first sight. I struggled in the beginning to loosen up, I'm so used to working on the computer and so enclosed in my design world that stepping out and exploring new ways was difficult. The fact that it was an old fashioned, hand working only classes was very appealing to me, but actually doing it was hard. I'm happy to say that I overcame the "fear" and toward the end I had a blast, I feel like I started producing work that is more of what I imagined I can. • The black and white photo above is a sneak peek of what I'm working on at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment