- I used brown rice flour, it works the best for me. You're more than welcome to try your favorite flour, adjust the amount and let me know how it came out.
- My almond meal is home made, I put the almonds in a Vitamix and grind them until they become very fine. You can use a coffee grinder too.
- I used raisins in my recipe, you can use cranberries or any other dry fruit, nuts or seeds or a combo.
- I used ice-cream scooper size 24, 1 1/3 OZ
Make 9 scones
1 1/4 cups brown rice flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 cup almond meal (homemade, see notes)
1/8 tsp kosher salt
1/2 cup + 2 tbs sour cream
2 tbs honey
1 lemon grind
1/4 cup raisins or any other dry fruit, nuts or seeds
What to do:
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix flour, baking powder and baking soda, almond meal and salt in a bowl.
- Add the sour cream, honey, lemon grind and raisins to the flour mix. Mis until all the ingredients come together. The dough is pretty wet.
- With an ice-cream scooper make 9 scoops on your baking sheet, make sure to leave space around each one. Flatten each scoop a little with a tablespoon.
- Bake the scones for 12-14 minutes or until they are golden brown.
They taste the best when they are warm after they cool down a little, but you can eat them cold too.