1cup Maseka corn masa flour
Pinch of salt
Scant 3/4 cup distilled water
- Prepare the tortilla presser, cut a ziplock plastic bag along the top and sides and place on the tortilla presser.
- In a medium bowl mix the flour and salt, add the water slowly mixing with your fingers. The dough should be smooth and not dry or sticky. I used almost 3/4 of a cup, there were one to two tsp left.
- Pinch off some dough and roll it between your hands to create a ping pong size ball.
- Open the bag on the presser and place the ball on one side of the bag, fold the other side over the ball and press down with the presser. I cooked them while making them, but you can make them first and then cook them.
- Preheat your non stick pan or griddle over medium heat and cook the tortillas for one or two minutes on one side. When the edges look a little lighter in color than the rest flip the tortillas, the top side should also look a little lighter in color then the un-cooked side. Cook for one or two minutes, then flip it again and cook for another half a minute to a minute.
- Remove the tortillas with a spatula to a plate covered with a towel. Wrap the tortillas with the towel and let them steam for a few minutes as you're finishing to cook the rest of the tortillas.
- Serve immediately.