Sunday, February 21, 2016

Shabd

I went to Shabd dyeing workshop yesterday. I fell in love with tie-dye/shibori when I took my Textile Design program in Otis. I wanted to learn more and I started following Shabd work and fell in love with it. I tried to arrange for her to teach us a class at Otis but it didn't work out. I was waiting for her to come to LA for a couple of years now. Since then I got her wonderful book and I'm experiencing dyeing with different fabrics and methods. • A few weeks ago Shabd emailed me that she's going to teach a dyeing workshop in LA. I wanted to dye things that I usually don't, like these leggings. I love how they came out. I was so excited to meet her and ask all my questions, she's truly a great artist and a teacher. She shared so much information with us, it was a blast. Thank you Shabd for a great Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment