Sunday, January 31, 2016

What's for dinner?


Simple, healthy, organic and very tasty dinner. Green salad with carrots, cucumber and green onion. Lemon herb chicken (I got the recipe from the Israeli chef Haim Cohen but made a few changes). Black rice that is extremely good for you and sautéed peas, mushrooms and zucchinis in olive oil and some salt. • For the chicken I used chicken thighs instead of a whole chicken. I cut and peeled only one lemon instead of two. I used 1 tbs fresh thyme leaves for the first stage and 1 tsp of dried thyme leaves for the second. I also used lemon zest (from the first stage lemon) in the second stage. I used honey instead of sugar and cooked everything on the stove following the same instructions adding only 1/2 cup of water instead of 1 cup. I turned on my oven to broil and made sure the thighs are nicely browned. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment