- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium potato, scrubbed and cut into tiny dice
- 3-4 sprigs fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme)
- 1 shallot, minced
- One 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed very well and drained
- One cut dried Thai chile pepper (optional)
- 3 cups (8 ounces) very finely shredded green cabbage
- fine-grain sea salt
- Pour the olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add the potatoes and spread them evenly in the pan. Cook the potatoes for 5-10 minutes or so, make sure you scrape and toss the potatoes during cooking so that you can get each side browned and cooked through.
- Add in the fresh thyme, onion, Thai chile pepper and the garbanzo beans and spread all around the skillet. Let cook, undisturbed for 5 minutes to brown just a bit, then scrape and toss again. Cook until the beans are nicely browned on both sides.
- Stir in the cabbage and cook for a few minutes. Sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Stir and toss again. Once the cabbage has wilted down, the dish is ready.