Saturday, November 14, 2015

Gluten Free Cookies

I just found out that I'm allergic to wheat (among other things), so I was looking for an alternative to sweetened my afternoons. I came upon this great recipe called Breakfast Cookies by Sally. I had to alter it a little to my taste.

Ingredients: 2 cups quick oats (I used GF rolled oats and run them in the food processor for a little bit) • 1 tsp ground cinnamon • 1/2 tsp salt • 1 cup peanut butter (I got roasted peanuts and run them in the food processor until they came together)  • 1/4 cup honey • 1/4 cup tahini (the recipe calls for apple butter) • 1 large banana, mushed • 1/2 cup dried cranberries • 1/2 cup shelled pumpkin seeds • 1/2 cup raisins • 1/4 cup sesame seeds (the recipe calls for flaxseeds).

Directions: Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. • Combine all the ingredients in a mixer bowl, mix until all the ingredients are combined. • I used 1 1/3 oz. scooper to make my cookies. Flatten them a little, they won't spread in the oven. • Bake for 15 minutes until edges are golden brown. I made 15 medium size cookies • Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment