Friday, September 5, 2014

Two ways


This is what happened when I started painting with gouache and water colors (bottom picture). I created something beautiful in a more controlled environment for me (top picture). You can tell I feel much more comfortable with Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop than painting by hand. Not sure I would get there without the original though, but still the end result is so different. I would love to have the choice of correcting shapes, colors and positions when painting by hand, but I guess you get control over time, like everything else in life. I have to say that it was a blast doing them both. Maybe this is the way to go, creating two arts and choose my favorite. I wonder if I'll ever choose my hand painting over the computer version, time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment