Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Ottolenghi

I didn't know about Yotam Ottolenghi and Sami Tamimi until very recently, so I got their cookbook Ottolenghi. I made dinner last night using two of their wonderful recipes, cauliflower and cumin fritters with lime yogurt and roasted chicken with sumac, za'atar and lemon. A few notes: I had to time the fritters 3 minutes on each side, and I didn't make them so big, they came out perfect. The chicken was great too, next time I'll peel the lemon (I used mayer fresh lemon from our tree), because the dish was a bit bitter. • I have to say that I'm enjoying reading the book. I love everything about the recipes, the freshness, the Mediterranean flavors and the fact that Yotam and Sami joined forces to come up with something so wonderful and share it with the world. Enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. The fritters sound amazing. I've seen Jerusalem but am not familiar with this first edition. need to take some time and check it out.

    ReplyDelete