Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Pear & citrus cake

Perfect cake, very moist, beautiful and tasty. I think that the pears can be replaced with apples, blueberries and raspberries mix or peaches, depends on the season and your personal taste. Unfortunately I have the recipe only in Hebrew here, I'll try to find something similar or get a permission to translate it to English There is a mistake in the amount of the orange juice, it should be 1/2 cup not 1/2 tbs. I added the recipe in English to my next post. • A few notes: I didn't have the size of the requested pan, I ended up using smaller ones and divided the batter to two. Next time I'll use less sugar, I'm not a fan of very sweet cakes. Enjoy.

Update: I used a 12.5" x 4.5" pan and greased it before pouring the batter in. The cake slid out much easily. I used 3 pears instead of 2. I used 3/4 cup sugar instead of 1 cup. I baked the cake at 350º F for 40 - 45 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment