Monday, September 30, 2013

Paisley and foulard designs

After creating the different paisleys and bringing them into Illustrator, I had to create a repeat. The spaces in between the paisleys are as important as the paisleys themselves. The second and third images are paisley foulard designs derived from one of the flowers I created. Foulard is a light silk fabric with a distinctive soft finish and a plain or simple twill weave. It is believed to have originated in the Far East. In French the word foulard signifies a silk handkerchief. ; Hand drawn, manipulated in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.

2 comments:

  1. I love, love that paisley! Just looking at it brings Frida Kahlo to mind...a modern Frida I guess, I don't know why, but that's what I see. At any rate it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your comments always make my day. I feel so flattered yet humbled, I love Frida Kahlo's work and her personality, she was amazing. Thank you.

      Delete