These are the first results of my new Color Making experiments. ; The first 4 pictures are solar dyeing, here is what I did: I put 2 red succulent flowers in a glass jar and poured boiling water in. The jar was left in the sun for 3 days. I added 1/2 tsp vinegar and the fabric stripes. The fabric was left in the jar for 3 days. I used tap filtered water, and all the fabric was pre-mordant with water and soy. I love the pinkish color. ; The fern was boiled with 1/2 tsp of vinegar, than simmered for 45 minutes. I removed the fern and added the fabric stripes to the water. I simmered the fabric for 45 minutes, and left it there to cool over night. I used tap filtered water and aluminum + magnesium pot. All the fabric was pre-mordant with water and soy. ; The next step is to check the PH of the water, and get some washing soda to enhance greens in dyes.