Thursday, March 8, 2012

1st trial



I wanted to share my 1st trial with silk printing. New screens, new inks, new table. It's not the first time I'm printing, but the screens are much bigger, and the length of the design is much taller. It didn't work very well, I was starting to loose ink at 3/4 on the way down. Next time I'll try to print them horizontally and see how they work. I learned that I need to use spray adhesive, if I want the fabric to stick to the table when I move the screen. I need to have a few trials before I print the "real" fabric, little tricks with alignment of the screen, etc. Over all it was a good beginning, the only disappointment I had was that I won't have the "real" fabric printed at the end of the day.

4 comments:

  1. I kind of like the second look too... :)
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say that I like them too, I'm thinking of making big pouches of all the fabric I used for my trials. I added a 2nd color and they look very raw and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A sense of patina
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color looks a little gold, actually it's mustard.

    ReplyDelete